Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Lion looses the wallpaper image after some time?

I encrypted my disk with FileVault 2.

I do not know wheather it is related to it, but OS X do not display the wallpaper image after some time anymore. Also trying to change the wallpaper do not fix the problem. If I restart, the wallpaper is displayed again.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 9:59 AM

10 replies

Aug 10, 2011 8:55 AM in response to FelixL

I had this same problem. I also use File Vault 2, and am running Lion. This is a fresh install of Lion (not an upgrade). The background on my laptop monitor switched to gray, but when I go to set the desktop picture, the old picture was already selected. Switching to a different image left it gray. I have a 2nd monitor hooked up, and that remained unaffected. A restart restored the image, and I haven't had this occur again (yet?)

Sep 15, 2011 11:27 PM in response to FelixL

Having the same issue now for the 2nd time in a week.

Also no clean but updated from SL (MBP 2008).

Contrary to other ppl in the thread i'm NOT using FileVault.

First time it happened after i locked the screen and logged back into a running session.

This time it happened after waking up from sleep.

Also it's only happening on the main screen (24 inch external display).

The built-in screen of the MBP is still showing a background and can be changed with the dialog.

Still unable still wasn't able to get it back from the light grey background on main screen. Toggling backgrounds doesn't do anything, just sticks to the grey color.

Albino Lion FTL 😟

Sep 18, 2011 9:57 PM in response to FelixL

I am having the same problem. I use my own photos from Aperture 3, and I am having issues when updating and restarting. The background does not load, although I can see it in my translucent upper menu bar.

For the amount of errors Apple has with OS X Lion, you would think they would have an applicable update for the program. Maybe earlie adoption was NOT the way to go...

=\

OS X Lion looses the wallpaper image after some time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.