Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server Admin Tools 10.7

hi guys

i just updated my iMac to Lion 10.7 .. actually i was have the "server admin tools - snow leopard version" to administrate the mac mini server which is now has the old snow leopard server still not update to lion server yet .. whene i updated the iMac the server admin tools 10.6 not exsist anymore !!!

so i downloaded the new admin server tools 10.7 for lion client .. but i miss the server status widget !!!

does any one have the widget with the latest update of server admin tools 10.7 ... ???

thanks a lot in advance

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 10:13 AM

11 replies

Jul 21, 2011 11:15 AM in response to adicor

The "Server Status" dashboard widget is not included in the 10.7 Server Admin download. However, I found that you can copy the widget from a 10.6 machine and it will work just fine.

The more important problem for me right now is that Workgroup Manager doesn't seem to work. On two machines (Mac Pro and MB Pro) that I've upgraded to Lion, and downloaded the Lion SA Tools, WGM will not connect. In fact, it will not even attempt to connect -- the Connect button is greyed out, and pressing Enter in the user name or password fields has no effect.

Other tools -- Server Admin, Server Monitor -- seem to work just fine to manage my 10.5 and 10.6 servers.

Is anyone successfully using the 10.7 version of WGM??

Jul 22, 2011 8:34 AM in response to Eric Rzeszut

For WGM, you have to make sure your OD controller has been setup.

Using the server.app I went to the button at the bottom left under next steps that says add users. In there it gave me the option to create a new open directory server. I was then able to connect using WGM and reimport my users from SL.

In theory, an upgrade from SL should not have this problem.

Server Admin Tools 10.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.