Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion OS X Time Machine problem

I've updated my MBP to Lion last night, I have been unable to do a Time Machine backup ever since. I use a 1TB Seagate GoFlex, I've tried using both the USB3.0 cable and a FireWire800 cable.

I am not talking about getting past the "Preparing Backup..." phase, the backup process simply gets stuck at several kb. It doesn't seem that it will ever end.. It's getting kinda irritating. Pls help. Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 10:21 AM

8 replies

Jul 24, 2011 2:13 AM in response to Conan86

hi all, just to update, the time machine has miraculously fixed itself.. no idea how it got fixed though. i tried many things to try fixing it.. even after restarting the mac several times, shut down and trying the next day, removing time machine, changing some options and omitting some folders didn't work.

the time machine back up just got stucked again at 26KB and slowly went up bit by bit.. after a while, it started to pick up and finally completed.. subsequent backing up has no problem anymore..

Lion OS X Time Machine problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.