Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What ports need to be open for device enrollment?

I'm able to install the trust profile on an iPhone, but when I attempt to "Enroll" my device and I click "Install" it begins the process,

Installing Profile, Generating Key, Enrolling Certificate and gets stuck and reports a network issue.

I'm also hoping we can get our hands on some proper lion documentation. The resource page is pretty bleak right now.

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 10:41 AM

12 replies

Jul 21, 2011 2:49 PM in response to Grant Griffith

Grant

"It was this way at the beginning of 10.6 Server . . ."

Nothing changes as it's always been this way going back to at least 10.3 Server. Besides I would not set too much store by Apple's Admin Manuals. Most of them are too generalised or not specific enough to be of any real use and occasionally some are just wrong. Again that has always been the case going back to at least 10.3.

HTH?

Tony

Sep 10, 2013 7:16 AM in response to PatrickFist

Yea they should have that info on the kbase. I have been reading up on this as well, as my clients never worked and finding out you need ports open.

I believe this is correct, if not someone correct me:

Ports for Profile Manager - 2195, 2196, 5223, 1640, 80, 443 Apple Server block to open too: 17.0.0.0/8

TCP Port 2195 and 2196 should be "oubound" from Profile Manager Server to 17.0.0.0/8.

TCP Port 5223 "outbound" from LAN for clients to 17.0.0.0/8

TCP Port 443 and 1640 "inbound" to Profile Manager server. I would think port 80 as well, but any login I would put a cert on and use only 443. Not sure if 80 is really needed.

What ports need to be open for device enrollment?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.