Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show View Options "Use As Defaults" Not Working

Hello.

I had the exact same issue in Snow Leopard.

I have performed a clean install of Lion, and did not migrate anything or restore any backups... nothing like that. This is a clean slate.

So if I open a folder in finder, I go to View > Show View Options then adjust some of the folder options (i.e. Icon Size, Sort By, etc.) then click "Use As Defaults"... those changes are not applied to any other folder. So if there are several folders within the one folder I applied the View Options to, upon entering that folder, I see that it is using the Lion default View Options rather than the View Options I just configured.

This is a major annoyance. Anyone have any suggestions? I tried using the latest Onxy Lion Beta to Rebuild the .DS_Store files and then tried re-appling my folder options... no luck.

Any help is grealy appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 10:56 AM

30 replies

Jul 28, 2011 6:49 AM in response to SASDALLAS

You can highlight the folder you want to customise (Documents, Music, Movies etc.), go to view, show view options, and set the options you want.

Save as Defaults.

You have to go one by one.

It has worked on the parent folder and every sub-folder within it.

It has worked on my Mac anyway! Running Lion.

Only 'All My Files' cannot be changed in view options it seems.

Aug 3, 2011 8:20 AM in response to scothFLY

Nothing seems to be working for me 😟

Tecnically, I should be able to show hidden files and simply copy the .DS_Store file from a folder with the correct view options and paste that file into all the folders I open that havn't been configured yet. This would be quicker than opening up the view options each time and manually configuring. This may end up being my only real solution.

Show View Options "Use As Defaults" Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.