Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A good external hard drive to use with Time Machine?

I am currently looking at this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iomega-Prestige-320-GB-Portable-Hard-Drive-Compact-HD- /150635106484?pt=UK_Computing_HardDrives_RL&hash=item23128d50b4#ht_1674wt_1156

But I don't really know, I want a fairly cheap one that is at least 320GB really :/

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 10:56 AM

3 replies

Sep 20, 2011 1:03 AM in response to baccalad

I have a 1TB Iomega Prestige drive and I'm fairly certain it causes my early 2011 MBP, OS 10.7.1, to crash. I am using it as a Time Machine backup. It's only connected when the MBP is actually on my desk and that's when the laptop crashes. I've taken to only plugging the drive in twice a week and unplugging it as soon as Time Machine is up to date. On the occasions I forget it's connected I can almost guarantee a system crash.

A good external hard drive to use with Time Machine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.