Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reverting to previous version of iTunes

The latest version of iTunes, 10.4, has broken Last.fm's desktop client and I really don't want to wait around for an update to the client to fix the break. Before I do anything, I just want to make sure about it here. I'm planning to use Time Machine to restore iTunes version 10.3, but I know that the update updated the library and once I restore 10.3 my library will not be compaible. Now, I know that iTunes keeps the older versions of the library file. My question is, do I simply delete the newest version once I've restored 10.3, or is there something else that I need todo first?

MacBook 2.4 GHz / Black 160GB Classic, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 12:32 PM

You can just replace the new iTunes library with the previous one and restore the previous version of iTunes.

3 replies

Oct 15, 2011 9:14 AM in response to zachs

How do I restore my iTune to previous version? I was using 10.4 and was just upgraded with in some time this week. after I upgrade to 10.5< I can no longer browse my iTune store by using screen reader. It's almost like the screen reader doesn't support in version 10.5 in the iTune store section. so I want to reverse back to my iTune previous version.

Reverting to previous version of iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.