Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spaces are gone and Mission Control is the culprit!

I was a SL Spaces nerd. I had my top left hot corner set to "All Windows" (which Lion killed by the way) and the upper right hot corner was set to "Spaces". Whenever I wanted to switch between programs, all I had to do was move the mouse to the uppper right corner and my six spaces came up, each space had programs assigned to that space via system preferences and if any space was too cluttered, all I had to do was move the mouse (to the upper left hot corner) to see all the windows, WHILE in the Spaces view. All this capability is gone. Mission Control $uck$!

As for Dashboard, it was assigned to the bottom left hot corner and was quick and pretty. Now some of my widgets dont display color correctly and that grey Lego background is horrible! At least give your power users the option to keep the previous features!

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 12:12 PM

8 replies

Jul 26, 2011 3:44 PM in response to Mr. Louis

This is the biggest disapointment of All.. Apple has killed Spaces.. the most important feature on Macs. What were they thinking ??, who had that stupid idea of mission control ? and even more stupid the boss that approved it.

I agree, WE NEED AN OPTION TO HAVE SPACES OR mission control. , dam... I DEMAND IT after paying for Lion.

My workstation is a mess now. (I can't even assign Apps for each window by default)

Jul 26, 2011 4:01 PM in response to casarboleda

casarboleda wrote: "I agree, WE NEED AN OPTION TO HAVE SPACES OR mission control. , dam... I DEMAND IT after paying for Lion."

I have a colleague at work who likewise adores Spaces: you couldn't pay her enough money to switch to Lion. :) I guess the question is why did you upgrade immediately, even though your favorite feature was removed?

Sadly, I'm afraid your "DEMAND" will go nowhere. I'd recommend seeking out a third-party alternative to Spaces, or of course reverting to Snow Leopard.

Jul 26, 2011 4:10 PM in response to Eric Westby

Well, thats because Apple said it had Spaces, Expose and Dashcode still integrated. As it turns out, they completely erase Spaces, it's now a bunch of windows with no control at all. It just hard to believe someone at Apple would actually approved that feature and exclude one that define Mac OS computers (and work flawflessly). I love Macs but that was the worst decision I've ever seen from them.

* Of course I will UPGRADE (because Lion is really a downgrade) to Snow Leopard without thinking twice.

Jul 26, 2011 4:13 PM in response to Mr. Louis

As for Dashboard, it was assigned to the bottom left hot corner and was quick and pretty. Now some of my widgets dont display color correctly and that grey Lego background is horrible! At least give your power users the option to keep the previous features!

Dashboard to the bottom left hot corner is still a possibility. And now instead of 4 Spaces, you ahve 16 Spaces that you can either gesture your way through or select with Mission Control. I fail to see why you're complaining so much:

User uploaded file

Jul 26, 2011 4:24 PM in response to Lanny

My rant was more about the ugly Lego brackground that Dashboard appears over when assigned to a space in Lion, which I have found out since can be reverted to the old "show up over my wallpaper" mode. I obviously was able to see the hot corner options in Lion as I am used to this feature, but it I can see how that might not have come accross in my post. As for Mission Control , its usable, but Spaces and old Expose were way better and I am comfortable saying this after using it for about a week.

Spaces are gone and Mission Control is the culprit!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.