Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion and Rosetta/The Mouse/Installing In As Many Mac For One Price

According to the NY Times, Lion eats Rosetta to shreds. Is there a way to know which programs use Rosetta? Like say, Photoshop or Word? How do you utilize the mouse? Say as always? Back to the article, it states: "your $30 covers as many Macs as you own. How do you install the app into the other Macs, if they are in three different locations, and don't speak to one another. Do you put the app on a flash?

Thanks for any responses

Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 2:11 PM

10 replies

Jul 21, 2011 2:19 PM in response to Peter Reznikoff

For info on Rosetta > Lion upgrade questions and answers: Apple Support Communities

You can install Lion on all your authorized Macs using the same Apple ID.

Lion requires an Intel-based Mac with a Core 2 Duo, i3, i5, i7 or Xeon processor and 2GB of RAM.

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Click your Apple menu / About This Mac then click More Info. Select Applications to see which apps are Intel or PowerPC.

Jul 21, 2011 2:19 PM in response to Peter Reznikoff

Rosetta is not supported in Lion, so no PowerPC apps will work. You can identify those apps by looking at your applications through About This Mac -> More Info (System Profiler). Word 2008 or later will work if it is already installed (the installer won't work in Lion).

You can install on as many computers as you own, providing they are all registered to the same Appke ID. Just go to the App Store on each one and look at you Purchased Apps list. Lion will be there. You can redownload it as many times as you like, but it will only work on computers registered under the same ID as the purchasing computer. Your Apple ID is the same as your iTunes account, if that helps.

Lion and Rosetta/The Mouse/Installing In As Many Mac For One Price

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.