Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Capture 6.1 in Mac OS X Lion Does Not Create Multiple Files

After upgrading to Lion, I no longer can scan multiplate pages to individual PDF files. In the old version, the option was labeld "Create separate documents", amd when scanned, the application would create Scan.pdf, Scan1.pdf, Scan2.pdf and so on.

Now, the application has a checkbox labeled "Combine into single document" I assume that when left un-checked, it would create a separate document for each page. Instead, it scans each page to "Scan.pdf" and keeps overwriting the same file.

What gives Apple?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 17" / 3.06 GHz / 8 GB RAM / 500 GB HD

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 6:00 PM

24 replies

Jul 27, 2011 2:12 PM in response to adambplummer

Same problem here Samsung SCX-4623FW document feeder only creates Scan but no more Scan 1, Scan 2 etc.

I found a work around. Use Preview Import from Scanner. While that also only saves one scan to file (so don’t close the document otherwise you will loose all other scans) it does show all scanned documents in the sidebar. Selet the document in the sidebar, then select Duplicate from the File menu, that gives you an option to save each scan to file.

It’s a pain in the backside but it works and it’s still faster than scanning one sheet at a time.

Hope Apple will fix this with 10.7.1 soon.

Aug 1, 2011 7:59 PM in response to adambplummer

i use brother printers. if you check the box it combines all new scans with old scans into this disasterous monster of a scan. if you unclick the box it takes your scan and breaks into page by page. of course we all want todays scan together with todays scan and not yesterdays nor broken into 50 papers. this by far is a huge nightmare to send my daily billing reports. hint for anyone who has to email you can break your scan by doing the print, save as pdf, choose the page numbers you want to be in that actual scan, and then name it so it separates. only time consuming thing i can do right now to keep my sanity. or, i use one of my other macs that hasnt been upgraded yet!

Aug 1, 2011 8:13 PM in response to Tony T1

thank you Tony, when i go to system preferences, select the printer then open the scan option, i do not get a choice to enter a custom resolution, mine has 100 through 1200 to choose from and then on the size it also has drop down selections that i must choose from with no option to select anything special there either.

maybe im off because i don't know what image capture option is. i go to my scan through the system preferences, i dont have a special scanning program on any of my macs.

Image Capture 6.1 in Mac OS X Lion Does Not Create Multiple Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.