Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A downside of full screen?

Attached to an iMac, I have a second monitor dedicated solely to displaying iTunes. When I take an application to full-screen on the iMac, iTunes disappears and only the new woven gray background displays on the second monitor.

iMac 9,1, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 7:42 PM

The new full-screen function isn't usable for multiple monitors/displays whatsoever. The function simply isn't built to use a single display for separate spaces and full-screen application. I encountered this with trying to watch full-screen videos in Quicktime on my second monitor while trying to do work on my main monitor. It just doesn't work. OS X Lion totally ignores users with multiple displays.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2011 7:42 PM in response to Satchmo

The new full-screen function isn't usable for multiple monitors/displays whatsoever. The function simply isn't built to use a single display for separate spaces and full-screen application. I encountered this with trying to watch full-screen videos in Quicktime on my second monitor while trying to do work on my main monitor. It just doesn't work. OS X Lion totally ignores users with multiple displays.

Jul 29, 2011 2:04 PM in response to Satchmo

This is the single reason why I am still using Snow Leopard on my iMac which has two additional displays connected to its ThunderBolt ports.

I didn't buy monitors to display fake grey linen. The real linen is cheaper.

Please provide feedback on this design decision via -http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

I'm hoping that if enough pressure is built up, they'll add an option:-

"Allow me to use my external displays = Yes/No"

I use Aperture, and here is what it looks like under Snow Leopard

User uploaded file

When running Lion, the left and right screens look like this

User uploaded file

A downside of full screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.