Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy photo FROM ipad to the mac

can't find any way to copy my photo from my ipad 2 to my mac mini. any help

thanks bart

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 7:51 PM

Bart-

There may be another way to do it, but this should work: with the iPad connected to the Mini, run iPhoto (or Aperture). Select the iPad under DEVICES on the left side of the iPhoto window. At the bottom of the screen, you have the options of Importing Selected or Importing All. Once imported into iPhoto, you can export them if you need copies separate from the iPhoto library.

In Aperture, you must click on IMPORT at the top, and select your iPad.

I suppose you could also mail them to yourself, one at a time!

Fred

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2011 7:51 PM in response to b12911

Bart-

There may be another way to do it, but this should work: with the iPad connected to the Mini, run iPhoto (or Aperture). Select the iPad under DEVICES on the left side of the iPhoto window. At the bottom of the screen, you have the options of Importing Selected or Importing All. Once imported into iPhoto, you can export them if you need copies separate from the iPhoto library.

In Aperture, you must click on IMPORT at the top, and select your iPad.

I suppose you could also mail them to yourself, one at a time!

Fred

Jul 21, 2011 8:57 PM in response to Fred-M-

yes. but it only imports the picture on the carma roll, and not all my pictures. I have some 5000 pictures on my ipad after the last update. then i deleted my photo in iphoto. the only back up is on my ipad. i used carbonite but it only back up my int. drive. and my libaray was on a ext drive.

thanks for your help...hope my wife doesn't find out...until i get it back!!!! ha ha

thanks bart

Jul 22, 2011 12:25 AM in response to b12911

There are apps such as Simple Transfer (which also has a free lite version called Simple Photo & Video Transfer) which can be used to copy those photos off via your wifi network. But as photos are 'optimised' when they are synced to the iPad, any that you then copy back to your computer may not be exactly the same as they originally were on your computer.

Have you not got Time Machine running on your Mac ?

copy photo FROM ipad to the mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.