Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent”

I run permissions. Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAg ent” has been modified and will not be repaired. System runs slow,I have to run permissions - again runs good for i while Repeat with same warning

any one know whats up?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 7:46 PM

You have the current software installed. Ignore it, and if you're experiencing any issues, look for other causes.

(59571)

5 replies

Jul 21, 2011 8:01 PM in response to Chef Dom

Unless you get strange messages that a file cannot be accessed, you don't have a permission problem.

First step for slow system is check the free space on the hard drive. You should have at least 20GB free, but 50 is better. If the drive sounds like it is constantly reading and writing, you don't have enough free space.

Next, boot into Safe Mode by holding down Shift key. It will do some maintenance, so it will take a little while. Check things out while in Safe Mode. It disables third-party stuff that might cause problems.

Reboot normally and see if it runs ok.

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.