Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is restart into safari feature?

I have been reading about this new feature that Apple supposedly introduced in the lead up to the release of Lion and that is the ability to restart the computer into Safari when in a lock screen. This sounds like a great feature especially when my kids want to borrow my computer to check on their facebook pages but I don't them to mess with anything else on my computer. However, for the life of me, I just cannot find how this feature can be enabled. Maybe Apple took this feature out at the last minute? Anybody? Thanks.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 11:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 12:42 AM

Having the kids log in to the Guest account with Parental Controls enabled might be closer to doing what you want. Opening in Safari mode is one selection in Lion Recovery startup mode. I don't think you would want the kids to have access to the capablities recovery mode offers.

OS X Lion: About Lion Recovery

2 replies

Where is restart into safari feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.