Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any Export to quicktime causes crash

I have a iMac with 2.93 Intel Core i7 Processor running 10.7 Mac OS Lion.

Recently I have been playing with Final Cut X and trying out new CS5.5

But funny thing is, Using After Effects and Premiere, if I try to export it as a QUICKTIME format and any of its codec,

It will say that the MoOv codec is corrupted, and when I try FCP 7 and drag a new file (In quicktime format) to the sequence which

sets its sequence same with its video codec, it crashes in 5 seconds. Compressor does not open.

I try reinstalling FCP, removing CS5.5 But it doesn't change, even the CS5 gives the same response.

I believe it is the codec problem, Problem is, I don't know what, where and how to fix it.

Please Help!

I can't edit using only FCPX which is the only thing that worked!

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 2:00 AM

1 reply

Jul 22, 2011 6:30 AM in response to zeroxz2010

QuickTime is not a video format. The Finder description "QuickTime Movie" only means that the file should be playable using the QT Frameworks in Mac OS X.

The .mov file type is not a codec but a container, the video inside could have been made with any one of a number of codecs.

Open one of your Premiere or Ae renders in QuickTime Player. Press command and i to open the Inspector window. What does it say there?

Any Export to quicktime causes crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.