Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickLook missing in Lion's Mail?

Since upgrading to Lion, my (new) Mail seems to be missing the QuickLook function for viewing attachments. Is it really missing, is there a pref setting to enable it which I couldn't find, or did something go wrong with my installation? If it's missing, I'll send a feature request to Apple.

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 2:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 3:03 AM

Do you mean the buttons that said quicklook and save? There are hidden by default, but can be seen if you click on the blue word 'details' on the top right of the message. Once selected, this view remains for all other messages.

You should still be able to quicklook attachments from the message by selecting them and pressing the spacebar. If this doesn't work for you, then maybe there is another problem. The quicklook window is now a pale colour by the way.

Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2011 3:03 AM in response to gbdoc

Do you mean the buttons that said quicklook and save? There are hidden by default, but can be seen if you click on the blue word 'details' on the top right of the message. Once selected, this view remains for all other messages.

You should still be able to quicklook attachments from the message by selecting them and pressing the spacebar. If this doesn't work for you, then maybe there is another problem. The quicklook window is now a pale colour by the way.

Good luck!

QuickLook missing in Lion's Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.