Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion - bluetooth for keyboard and magic mouse not working anymore

Hi all,

I installed LION on my macbook pro yesterday. Today my macbook stopped recognizing my magic mouse via bluetooth - after rebooting the machine it also didn't recognize the bluetooth keyboard anymore.

When I try to pair the devices with my machine under system preferences it keeps finding them, but cannot pair any longer.

Did anybody else experience this problem - and solved it?

Cheers,

Gregor

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 2:56 AM

24 replies

Jul 26, 2011 8:45 AM in response to GregorfromMunich

I have the same problem, and so far no solution. After Lion install, MacBook Pro 17" (mid'09) will not re-pair with my Apple bluetooth keboard. First of all, it should not need re-pairing at all -- but it does. Next, keyboard is recognized by Bluetooth Setup Assistant, but the the result is always "pairing attempt unsuccessful." I am using new batteries, and the keyboard is two feet away from the MBP. UGH.

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 2.5.0f17

Hardware Settings:

Address: 60-fb-42-7a-a0-ba

Manufacturer: Broadcom

Name: San Juan Studio

Firmware Version: 180 (369)

Bluetooth Power: On

Discoverable: Yes

Vendor ID: 0x5ac

Product ID: 0x8217

HCI Version: 4 (0x4)

HCI Revision: 369 (0x171)

LMP Version: 4 (0x4)

LMP Subversion: 8628 (0x21b4)

Device Type (Major): Computer

Device Type (Complete): Mac Portable

Composite Class Of Device: 3801356 (0x3a010c)

Device Class (Major): 1 (0x1)

Device Class (Minor): 3 (0x3)

Service Class: 464 (0x1d0)

Peer to Peer Supported: Yes

Services:

Bluetooth File Transfer:

Folder other devices can browse: /Users/Shared

Requires Authentication: No

State: Enabled

Bluetooth File Exchange:

Folder for accepted items: /Users/mac/Public/Drop Box

Requires Authentication: No

When other items are accepted: Ask

When PIM items are accepted: Ask

When receiving items: Refuse all

State: Disabled

Jul 28, 2011 9:59 PM in response to michaelm@nyc

error code 0x4 = "page timeout". this means the computer tried to connect to the device, but the device did not respond within the allotted time (usually 5-8 seconds on the Mac). Usually this indicates that the keyboard is either not connectable, either because it is off, it is out of range, or it is trying to connect to another computer, or because it is already connected to another computer/device.

I would recommend:

1) start BTSA again

2) power keyboard off by holding down the power button for 5 seconds (LED should go out)

3) powr keyboard on and hold the button for 10 seconds. this will force it to go into discoverable mode and stop paging/connectiong to any previous paired device it may have

4) select the device in BTSA and then try to pair again

good luck!

Lion - bluetooth for keyboard and magic mouse not working anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.