Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unhide library folder

How do you show the library folder

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 8GB 1067 MHz

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 8:52 AM

16 replies

Aug 5, 2011 1:59 PM in response to jsd2

I tried the Terminal solution (chflags nohidden ~/Library) both on my MacBook Pro and on my MacBook AIr, but nothing happens! I open Terminal, enter the command (after the username$), press enter ... and nothing happens, I just get a new line with username$ ... Am I missing something???

Holding down Option key with the Go menu of course works, but I want to make to permanently unhide the user Library

Oct 1, 2012 4:15 PM in response to dacoelec

Without resorting to Terminal commands, and the accompanying possibility that the next time you log out or restart that the Library disappears, try this:

Command-Shift-G

In the resulting window type:

~/library

and click the Go button (or press return/enter)

The Library folder will open:

The bar at the very top of the Library window has a small folder icon:

User uploaded file

There. No messing with Terminal, and the Sidebar or Dock icons will remain in place unless dragged out of the Dock, or right-clicked or Control-clicked in the Sidebar to produce a pop up menu which has a removal option.:

User uploaded file

I hope this helps.

Dec 15, 2012 10:41 AM in response to Barney-15E

Interesting thread. I have spent frustrating hours trying to add a new suite of sounds to my Stylus RMX. This thread revealed that the key folder i.e. Library was hidden.

Whilst I do not understand terms like 'Cold Key' I found that by clicking on MacDrive/Users/<My Name> and then from the top menu in Finder - Go - Go To and then typing in Library the full path became visible.

For any other frustrated Stylus RMX users out there, put your new RMX sound packs into

Users/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/SAGE/SAGE Libraries/User Libraries

Feb 24, 2014 3:41 PM in response to jsd2

Hi there,

this action doesn't work for me. I keep getting the same answer from Terminal:

chflags: ∼/Library/: No such file or directory

But it's there, I know cause I can access to it, but I can't get to see it permanently in my "username" folder. It's like I don't have permission to show it. Here's how it appears (grayed):

User uploaded file

Can anybody help me with that ?

Jo

unhide library folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.