Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-download app store purchase. Installed button is all that's there.

Hi,

I just purchased OS X Lion using the App Store. The download failed after some time and now I'm stuck without the download and no way to download it again. I visited the 'Purchased' page on the App Store but that does NOT have a link to force download the app again. All i see is an 'installed' button next to the OS X Lion icon and it doesn't do anything.

Thanks,

Seeta

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 8:56 AM

7 replies

Oct 11, 2011 1:26 AM in response to seetasomagani

sorry but is not working for me, i mean yes, with the option pressed in the purchased tab, almos all the apps are with the Install button now, but in this case Worml App still is in installed and theres no way pressing any key to reactivate the install button on that one!

update: this app create a folder in the download folder, only after I deleted it and open the App Store again the button is reactivated!

Oct 11, 2011 6:20 AM in response to seetasomagani

I have a similar issue, however, the difference is that I have performed a clean lion install on a new partition (due to a bad install). Booting on this new installation shows all apps as installed (which none are since this was compla. Is the system pulling info from my other partition? I tried updating the permissioning on the old lion so there was no access (as well as removed from spot light), but to no avail.

I have tried the option-click choices above, but it only worked for the lion install.

Nov 21, 2012 6:45 AM in response to gweiss

I see this is an old thread but nonetheless I'll post here to report I'm having the same problem as reported by gweiss on 11 Oct 2011.

The Option key has absolutely no effect.

I've done a clean install of Mountain Lion on my server and am trying to download the current copy of Server that I purchased a few months ago. The App Store reports "Installed" but Serve is NOT installed. Fortunately I had saved a copy of my original downloaded Server app so I'm not totally unable to proceed.

All the web pages that report using the Option key to force redownload purchases are not helpful.

Feb 24, 2014 1:59 PM in response to Paul Johnson13

It would appear the the Option key features in the Mavericks version of the App Store no longer function -- it was probably considered too useful, so Apple of course had to take it away.

I'm currently stuck with an App Store that thinks I have Evernote installed... except of course Evernote is not installed. Any other package manager in the entire universe would allow me to force the re-download, but not the App store... certainly not. It would be nice if it would even let me know WHERE or WHY it considers Evernote to be installed but of course... too useful.

Re-download app store purchase. Installed button is all that's there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.