Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Many smart playlists unavailable in "playlist is (not)" criteria drop-down

After upgrading to Lion and updating iTunes to 10.4:

When I try to create or edit a smart playlist, and choose the criteria "playlist is" (or "is not"), many of my existing smart playlists are unavailable to be specified. Example attached:

User uploaded file

Well, assuming it attached properly, you can see that the list of playlists in the drop-down is missing many playlists that appear (and seem to be working fine) in my library on the left.

Killing me.

iMac 24" 7,1-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7), Vertex 2 SSD

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 9:35 AM

5 replies

Aug 21, 2011 1:57 PM in response to gaz5021

I'm having the same exact problem! And running latest OS 10.7.1, and iTunes 10.4 (80).

I tried making a duplicate of the playlsit, and it shows up no problem. But when deleting the original, and naming the new playlist the same — it turns invisible.

I don't want to have to rename all my playlists either... that's not a solution. Weird bug!

Any solutions? And why is this happening?

Maybe there's a way to re-set iTunes in some way... or some sort of error/consistency checker that can be run?

Aug 22, 2011 6:59 AM in response to gaz5021

Same exact problem here. After a creative light bulb went off in my head, I sat down to produce a host of new smart playlists and simply can't act on my idea because more than half of the playlists are simply not showing up. Just one of a plethora of issues I'm having since upgrading to Lion. Apple, how about throwing some of that extra cash you have lying around into fixing this sluggish and buggy OS. If not, I know a certain government who could use a slice of the pie.

Many smart playlists unavailable in "playlist is (not)" criteria drop-down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.