Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion Trash folder

I cannot find "Put Back" in Lion Trash folder. How to I restore accidentially deleted files?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 10:11 AM

If you right click (or control click) on the item in the trash you will have the option to "put back"

EE

24 replies

Aug 2, 2011 12:18 AM in response to ebinellis

It shows the "Put back" for me if I select only one files. This is almost useless if you have too many files to restore. I found out that it also shows the "Put back" in case you select files which were originally in the same folder. Now the problem is, that finder does not have the option to show the original location, so that at least we could order by it and do the restore per folders. Quite annoying. I have 4000+ files to recover... The only thing to speed it up is to place the "Delete" button on the toolbar (using View/Customize toolbar and drag the bin to the toolbar). If you start selecting multiple items in the trash, the button will blank out when you select items which were not in the same folder originally. So the Finder knows the original location, why can not it be used in the view? ....its again even more ANNOYING.

Lion Trash folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.