Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove icons off launchpad without uninstalling the application?

I have found the all 50 of my adobe plugins are on launchpad wasting unnecessary space. how do i remove these icons?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 10:48 AM

Hi,

Same here ... what I did is that I moved ALL un-installers to a NEW folder and moved out of the Application folder to a other place where they don't showup anymore in Launchpad.

Dimaxum

21 replies

Jul 22, 2011 11:03 PM in response to krishan311

Hi,

As I said ... I did only moved the un-installers an grouped the applications in folder - in Launche pad.

I put ALL un-installers in ONE folder. I think when you ever need to unstaal a application than just drag it back or leave where it is to double clickt it an unstall the application you want.

You can arange Launchepad by dragging IN Launchepad thing around ... like ... Offices for Mac 2011 ... . I grouped Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc in ONE group.

Lauche Launchepad and drag the desired application icons to the ones you like to group etc ... etc.

You will see that a GROUP folder is made with ALL the applications in it that you dragged.

By clicking on this folder IN Lauchepad a sub-banner windowwill open and you can select the application that you like to work with.

I hope I whas clear enough for you.

Good luck ...

Dimaxum

Aug 13, 2011 7:25 AM in response to genie_vn

genie_vn wrote:

I followed the instruction from here: http://techmix.net/blog/2011/06/14/how-to-delete-application-shortcut-from-launc hpad/

I followed those same instructions, and my apps remained on launchpad. Holding down Control-Option-Command and clicking on any app in Launchpad just opened the app and didn't remove it from Launchpad.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

PS: I noticed that this Techmix article was written before the release of Lion. Could it be that Lion has "improved" Launchpad by making it impossible to remove icons from it unless we move the apps out of the Applications folder? Please tell me that isn't so.

How to remove icons off launchpad without uninstalling the application?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.