Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion quicktime issues

I have installed OS X Lion and noticed 2 issues with Quicktime.

1) If I quit Quicktime with cmd+q, the next time I open Quicktime my previous video is loaded again together with the new opened video. Only clicking the close button will prevent the video from re-opening itself on the next Quicktime launch.

2) When switching to full screen mode with cmd+f the video is enlarged on the screen of my macbook and not the external screen the Quicktime windows was dragged in.

Both of these issues used to be different in the previous version, I do not see the logic behind these changes. Is there an option that can change these behaviour issues?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 11:32 AM

5 replies

Aug 4, 2011 6:25 PM in response to Ricky Waters

I noticed the same problem. Did you use a Terminal command back in Snow Leopard to disable the rounded corners in QuickTime X? I had done that, and returning it to the default fixed the unresposive controls. Try copying and pasting the following into Terminal (without the quotes) and pressing Return:

"defaults write com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX MGCinematicWindowDebugForceNoRoundedCorners 0".

Lion quicktime issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.