Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to exchange my MacBook Air (2010) for the new one?

I bought my MacBook Air on the 10th July, and since then Apple have released a new version. I know I am within the return policy still, and the "2 weeks" end on Sunday, but I am not back from holiday till Monday. I have heard that Apple have a policy if you buy a device and Apple refresh it, you can exchange it within 30 days. Is this true? What are my options?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 11" 128GB SSD

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 11:55 AM

10 replies

Jul 22, 2011 3:01 PM in response to macbookairgeek

I just went through the process yesterday.

I called Apple sales support and told them I just purchased a Macbook Air, but since a new one came out a few days later that I wanted to return the 'old' one and get the new one. They sent me a return shipping label at their cost in my email, I taped it to the box and dropped it off at FedEx Kinko's. It was that simple. At the same time, I ordered the new Macbook Air and they gave me expedited shipping at no extra cost. Was a very smooth process and everyone was extremely nice.

Jul 23, 2011 9:09 PM in response to macbookairgeek

Hey macbookairgeek,

So, I went to the Apple Store today and successfully returned my MBA for the new version. It was very simple actually, all I had to do was show my original receipt and have them check over the MBA to make sure everything that originally came with it was in the box (ie. charger, booklet etc.) and then they replaced it. It was very easy, and they didn't give me any problems or ask any questions. By the way, I was also able to upgrade my MBA even though it was past the return date, so if you want to change anything (ie. screen size, RAM etc.) then that would be the time to do it! 🙂 Good luck!

Is it possible to exchange my MacBook Air (2010) for the new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.