Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Site text is all [A] characters

I just istaled Lion and Safari is displaying certain text as all [A] characters. even as i type this i can't see what i'm typing so forgive my spelling. i have suitcase fusion installed - latest version. tried disabling fonts. tried safari prefs for encoding options. nothing has resolved it yet.

attached is what i see on this page.

i've cleared my font caches, used font doctor to fix/disable potential problems, etc.

User uploaded file

Safari 5.1-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 1:18 PM

8 replies

Jul 25, 2011 7:20 PM in response to John Krop

I've tried removing Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, this problem just continues to come back over and over again in Safari. I've tried so many things - that the only thing I can think of is that this is a bug issue w/ 3rd party font management / Lion and Safari in conjunction with each other. I hope someone finds an actual fix for this that lasts. Everything everyone has posted so far works for short term, but the problem just comes back over and over and over.

Jul 25, 2011 8:35 PM in response to TildeBee

Hello Bee,

I just checked the Safari consol and on a page where some of the text was the [A] character, no errors were reported. No crash occured in the browser. I also had Helvetica, Arial, Tahoma, Verdana disabled. Other pages and text displayed fine on the page.

After surfing around a little bit now it's happening on Twitter - but just in some sections. The only errors in the Safari Consol is:
Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type text/html.

Site text is all [A] characters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.