Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic trackpad & backlit keyboard not fully compatible with OSX Lion

I downloaded OSX Lion two nights ago and noticed that my Magic trackpad is not working properly in Lion. The trackpad on my Macbook Pro works as it should, but the Magic trackpad does not seem to be fully compatible with the new OS and Mission Control. The Magic trackpad will not switch between full-screen apps with the four finger swipe.

I also noticed that the keyboard stays lit even when I turn off the "automatically illuminate keyboard in low light" option. It lights up regardless.

Has anybody else experienced these issues? Is there something that can be done to address these issues?

I love the new features of OSX Lion, but it definitely has its bugs. I hope Apple offers updates to address these problems soon!

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 3:08 PM

6 replies

Jul 23, 2011 1:45 PM in response to Gabriel_305

Check the settings in the Trackpad System Preferences pane. The swipe gestures are under "More Gestures." For switching between full-screen apps you have the choice of a three or four finger swipe.

Note that some people have reported that even if the checkbox is selected, you may have to deselect and reselect to get it to work.

Jul 27, 2011 1:01 PM in response to Reed

Same here. I still haven't found a fix for this, so it appears that we'll have to wait for an OS update. There are other little things that I've encountered, such as how the new OS organized the desktop pictures in one folder instead of organizing them in the different categories (ie. nature, plants, abstract, etc.) Yeah, I'm a little OCD.

Jul 30, 2011 12:47 PM in response to Gabriel_305

I solved this problem just now after being on the phone for a while with a Tech... He suggested I "tweek" the ptrferences on the TrackPad.. I did.. I removed every check and I replaced it by pressing down on the pad.. All of a sudden everything came back... I had to do this in all three Preferences windows on Magic Track Pad.. Try it see if this works for you!

Magic trackpad & backlit keyboard not fully compatible with OSX Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.