Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone have trouble using Home Share after upgrading?

iTunes says that it's on, but my ATV2s cannot locate my computer. I tried signing out and back in of Home Share on my iTunes with no success.... Thanks in advance.

iMac 21.5, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 6:43 PM

5 replies

Sep 20, 2011 5:39 PM in response to DOS 3.0

I have three Apple TV devices (one 1st generation and two 2nd generation) in my home and for the past few weeks have had nothing but problems with home sharing on the two 2nd generation Apple TVs.

Following the instructions above does fix the problem, but only temporarily. Once the devices go into sleep mode, we have to do the process all over again to get them sharing again. It is beyond frustrating and not what you would expect from an Apple product - aren't they always claiming their products work so seamlessly? This process is hardly seamless. What's more is these steps have stopped working every time. Sometimes it results in sharing, sometimes it never results in sharing.

Also, on the newest Apple TV, it will not remember our Apple ID password. It asks us if we want it remember, we say yes, but after sleep mode it still makes us enter the password when we want to connect. Ridiculous.

Could the problem be with our firewall? It is turned off on our Mac and we use an AirPort Extreme router.

Does anyone have trouble using Home Share after upgrading?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.