Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do you Bring Back the Two Finger Gesture for Backtracking/Forwardtracking

Hi. I think it's only intuitive to use one finger like a thumb or an index finger or iOS gadgets like the iPhone but with a bigger multitouch screen like the iPad or maybe someday an iMac multitouch with retina but now when you're not touching the screen and if the multitouch surface is not on the screen itself like with the Magic Mouse or is wide like the Magic Trackpad. Is there a way to bring the two finger gesture backtracking/forwardtracking for the Magic Mouse without third-party plug-ins? With the current Lion gestures, you have to usually life your whole hand just to do a one finger swipe gesture for backtracking/forwardtracking. Although Apple could put all the command in gestures, there's a limit to gestures: scroll in 4 directions and swipe for backtracking/forwardtracking anything more defeats ease of use of multitouch because you're so careful that you have to position your fingers much like you would if you have a more than 3 button mouse- it'll defeat the purpose I believe. Thank you on advance.

Gbu.

iMac i7 Late 2009, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 9:31 PM

8 replies

Jul 22, 2011 9:36 PM in response to Alvin777

system preferences/trackpad are your only options for native gesture customization.

Try surfing the web with safari, two finger gestures left and right will flip through the pages back and forward, with a cool animation that lets you peak and what's next before loading it. For now it seems like three fingers (when turned on) left to right is the classic back and forward without any animation of the pages sliding overtop of eachother,

Jul 23, 2011 6:43 AM in response to Alvin777

I think I had the same question. They are still there but they work the opposit of the way they used to work with the new NATURAL gestures turned on. Previously you pushed two fingers from right to left to go back in Safari. Now you need to pull two fingers from the left side to the right side to go back in Safari. Hope this helps. CJ

How Do you Bring Back the Two Finger Gesture for Backtracking/Forwardtracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.