Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime in fullscreen mode doesn't correct work with external monitor.

I connect to MacBook second monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 226cw). When I lounch QuickTime in full screen on second monitor (SyncMaster) - both monitors comes in fullscreen mode and film play in monitor of MacBook not SyncMaster as I want. On Snow Leopard only one monitor comes in fullscreen mode and film play in external monitor correct.

MacBook 13' unibody, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 10:25 PM

6 replies

Jul 22, 2011 10:31 PM in response to Libertin

Works the same here as it ever did. I think normal behavior is that the primary monitor (where the dock lives) is the one to play the video while the other goes black.

For those interested, Quicktime Pro 7.6.6. works grand in Lion, and in fullscreen leaves the other screen free to use as you wish. Inmo, this is how new QT should behave, but heck, they want ice water on mars as well.

Jul 23, 2011 12:13 AM in response to Libertin

Well, that's the human condition, we have been doing that since the dawn of time. But I suppose some smart applescript creator could automate that somewhow...not sure if applescript has access to system preferences, but it would go like this:

if run

change prefs

open qt in fullscreen

play movie

@ movie end

quit qt

change prefs back

end

Ha!

QuickTime in fullscreen mode doesn't correct work with external monitor.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.