Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't copy files to external HD on lion...

hello

what's up with lion??

i have 2TB external HD from WD

my HD work great on SL but now when i'm on lion

it try to copy file from my mac to the HD

i ear the copy noise that the file as been copy but the file wont show on the external HD

i try this with all diffrent files... nothing move...

please help me with this

thx alot

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 12:39 AM

19 replies

Jul 23, 2011 5:22 AM in response to tomerfromholon

tomerfromholon, Sorry to hear that. Have you called Apple tech support to ask for assistance? If not, it is worth a try. All I can tell you is that my Drobo with two Western Digital drives is working fine with Lion as is my Newer Technology RAID, which also has two WD drives in it. I just bought an external Seagate drive yesterday. It too is working fine.

Jul 25, 2011 2:46 AM in response to tomerfromholon

Got a reply from WD:

"The external drive model "WD Elements Desktop" (model number WDBAAU0020HBK) is supported with the following clients according to the specificaitons:

- Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7

- Mac OS® X, Tiger®, Leopard®, Snow Leopard™

Furthermore this unit is pre-formatted in NTFS files system which is not fully compatible for Mac OS. If you did not has re-formatted your drive yet to HFS+ or MS-DOS (FAT) file system, you would either need to do so to be able to use the drive under the supported Mac OS."

Does not seem to help much, though Lion not supported??

can't copy files to external HD on lion...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.