Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd Party Plug-ins Missing Since Installing Lion

Hi,

Since installing the mighty (flawed) Lion, my 3rd party plug-ins are no longer available. The files are still in the 'Component' folder, but the AU Manager doesn't see them anymore. Maybe this is something to with them being 32-bit, I don't know. But if anyone knows a way of getting Logic to recognise them again, I'd be most grateful. I haven't tried re-installing them yet as I've just spent the best part of two hours getting logic to recognise my Saffire 56 interface again. This, on top of a whole bunch of other applications I can no longer use becuse they are 'no longer supported under Lion', has left me feeling pretty p*ssed off with Apple.

Regards

Phil

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 4:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 4:52 PM

Are you running Logic in 32 or 64 bits mode? If 64, set it to 32, start it, see if it now does scan/detect them 3rd32 plugs. If it does, you can quit after the scanning is done and set Logic back to 64 bits mode. They should then show up.

3 replies

Jul 23, 2011 4:58 PM in response to Phil Huddlestone

Most of my Plug-Ins, including UAD plug-ins are working under Lion.

A few are not, but only a few.

Go into Logic Pro 32bit mode and let Logic scan your Plug-Ins. Some may fail. Go back into the AU Manager once you're in Logic Pro and check the unchecked plug-ins and thereby force them back into your AU manager

When you go to get the plug-ins within an arrangement or project you are using, you should be able to use them again. Some of the 3rd party plug-ins will not show up in 64bit no matter what you do, but they should still be able to work in 32bit mode.

Jul 23, 2011 10:05 PM in response to Eriksimon

Thanks guys. My plug-ins are back. I was in 64bit, and the few plug-ins I had that were already 64bit worked ok, but changing back to 32bit brought them all back in. I'm back in 64bit and all but 3 are there. Thankfully the three failed AU's are not ones I use that often and I can live with that.

Many thanks for your help. VERY much appreciated.

3rd Party Plug-ins Missing Since Installing Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.