Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swiping in Safari just "bounces"

This is just driving me crazy.

Installed Lion and all seemed well.

I have a MPB 2008 with a Magic Mouse.

When I am browsing in Safari (and anywhere else for that matter), if I scroll down and move just a little bit to the right or left then the page "giggles" back and forth and bounces on the edge of the screen. Extremely annoying. If I go to Mouse Preferences and turn off gestures, I STILL get the behaviour. If I go to UA, fourth tab "Mouse and Trackpad" and click on Mouse Options and deselect "scrolling" then I don't bounce around, but I can no longer use the MM to scroll.

Can anyone help me?

Please!

2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 5:12 AM

5 replies

Nov 16, 2011 2:19 PM in response to Topher Kessler

I set the Scrolling option to "without inertia", but I'm not sure that it has solved the problem I have. If I spread my fingers just a little bit while scrolling, the contents of the window, especially in Safari, expand, and then a mouse click is not recognized. I have to jiggle the the contents just a bit to get it to a size where the mouse click is recognized.

Swiping in Safari just "bounces"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.