6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2011 1:55 PM by JESUS DIAZ
Ole_S Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Since installing Lion, the calendar on my iPhone is not syncing correctly:

• Events created on my iPhone don't show on my Mac
  • Events edited on my iPhone don't change on my Mac
  • Events that I created in iCal on my Mac, for test-purposes, and then deleted immediately, show up on the iPhone when syncing.

Syncing through iTunes (not MobileMe).

Using WeekCal on my iPone, but it seems that the same is the case with the "original" calendar-app.

No similar experience prior to Lion-install.

iPhone is iOS 4.3.4 -up to date

Any ideas? Does anybody know how to reset the sync, for instance?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)
  • 1. Re: iPhone Calendar not syncing correctly with iCal since Lion-install
    Ole_S Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Ferd II draw my attention to this link:

Mac OS X: Resetting the SyncServices folder using the Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard and OS X Lion -link.

It seems to have done the trick.

Ole

• 2. Re: iPhone Calendar not syncing correctly with iCal since Lion-install
    Ferd II Level 7 Level 7 (23,430 points)

Ole,

Thanks for the feedback.

• 3. Re: iPhone Calendar not syncing correctly with iCal since Lion-install
    ccjens Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Tried this, not working!

• 4. Re: iPhone Calendar not syncing correctly with iCal since Lion-install
    doctorflyer Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

It worked with me.  I still had to fiddle with the odd entry, but it was eventually OK - I think ;-)

Why don't they warn you about these glitches?

• 5. Re: iPhone Calendar not syncing correctly with iCal since Lion-install
    Lucas-G Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Hi, my name is Lucas, i'm an Apple Certified Technitian.

Last couple of weeks i've installed OSX Lion in a few Macs.

But one of them drove me crazy!

I have a Late 2007 White Macbook and i installed OSX Lion last week. I also have an iPhone 4 (Factory Unlocked) that i also updated to IOS 4.3.5 ... no problems syncing between them

Then i did the same with a 13'' Unibody MacBook Pro and an iPhone 4 (not unlocked)... no problems neither

Yesterday i installed Lion on a Mid2010 15" MacBook Pro and updated another iPhone 4 (Factory Unlocked) to IOS 4.3.5 and when i tried to sync the iphone with iTunes 10.4 nothing happened.

I mean, nothing.. the iTunes started syncing and when it gets to sync the calendars it stayied there forever.

I left it for hours and nothing.

As i said i'm an ACT so i tried everything.

1- Remove Calendars from iPhone and syncing again

1- Repair Permittions

2- Reinstall iTunes

3- Reset iTunes and iCal Preferences and Caches

4- Backup iCal - erase ical content and generate a new iCal database

5- Reset Syncing Prefs and logs

6- Use DiskWarrior from an external OSX

7- Reset PRAM

Nothing worked.

I thought it could be some conflict with Microsoft Outlook and/or Exchange server since this Mac is the only one of the three macs i installed that uses Outlook Sync and Exchange server and it's the only one that gave me trouble.

But disableing it didn't worked neither.

THE SOLUTION

I Already solved this thing out. But i still don't understand the logic of all this... anyway, what y did is this:

1- turn off microsoft outlook sync with iCal (from outlook preferences)

2- Backed up iCals (Just in case)

3- Create a new Calendar Category (by default you have Work and Home... i created one called Test)

4- i Created a new task at that calendar

5- In iTunes uncheck the "Sync iCal" box and sync the iPhone

6- Check th "Sync iCal" box, then check the "sync the selected calendars" box

7- Check the "Test" calendar and sync the iPhone.

This worked so i started creating task in this Test Calendar both in iphone and mac, just to test it, Worked fine.

Then i selected all the other calendars (Home - Work - etc) and i turned on the outlook sync

Then i synced the iPhone and Voilà everything is working again.

Now i can create task in outlook calendar and when y sync the iphone it appears on it.

I don't know what the problem is... but this looks like the solution

HOpe it works for you!

• 6. Re: iPhone Calendar not syncing correctly with iCal since Lion-install
    JESUS DIAZ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Five days ago I place a discussion in the community regarding a similar problem that I have since I installed Lion. Syncing iCal between a MacBook Pro and and my devices (iPhone & iPad) through iTunes after the Lion upgrade is giving me the following problem (uncomfortable):

All events/appointments created in any of the devices (iPhone & iPad) are copied between each other when I sync using iTunes, but these are not shown on the iCal application at the laptop. Events/appointments created in the laptop iCal application are shown duplicated on the devices (iPhone & iPad). One of this duplicated events has the exact description of the event/appointment, and the other shows as a "New Event".

I had being trying to find out a solution to this, but has not find one yet. I even talked for several minutes with an Apple support representative, and he could not help me. He says that they had not receive any report on this problem yet. Do you have any experience or idea on what the problem is and how to solve it?

Thanks for your time,