Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

page reload

I've done a website for my friends biplane business: http://www.capecodairfield.com/Cape_Cod_Airfield/Welcome.html The FAQ page has the cost of the rides. This year we raised the prices due to the cost of fuel. However a lot of customers are still loading the old prices. I've checked on GoDaddy and the old page is NOT on the server and at least half of these customers claim they have never been to the website before so the page isn't cached in their hard drive. Where they are getting the old page is a complete mystery to me.

Here is my question. Since it seems I am unable to easily play with the html in iWeb is there something I can insert on that particular page to make sure they are getting the new page with the correct pricing?

Thanks,

susan

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 2.8 ghz intel core 2 duo, 4 gb, iPhone 4, Macbook Air

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 10:29 AM

Webpages are also cached by the ISP.

They do so to avoid unnecessary reloading of pages by users of their network.

To reload the page in their cache add a ? at the end the URL and hit return.

Here is my question. Since it seems I am unable to easily play with the html in iWeb is there something I can insert on that particular page to make sure they are getting the new page with the correct pricing?

Remove the s after FAQ.

BTW, the Pricing and FAQ’s link on the Welcome page is only partially linked.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2011 10:29 AM in response to susan-kelly

Webpages are also cached by the ISP.

They do so to avoid unnecessary reloading of pages by users of their network.

To reload the page in their cache add a ? at the end the URL and hit return.

Remove the s after FAQ.

BTW, the Pricing and FAQ’s link on the Welcome page is only partially linked.

Jul 23, 2011 10:39 AM in response to Wyodor

Hi Wyodor,

I Just fixed the partial link and will remove the S on Faq right now, I've been working on the page as we speak.

I'm not sure I understand your answer... I want to add like a script or tag that will make the page automatically load the most current version. I don't want the user to have to add ? and hit return. I just want to be sure they are seeing the proper pricing. We had 2 people come in and argue with us about the price because their iphone safari showed the old price.

Thanks!

Susan

Jul 23, 2011 2:32 PM in response to Wyodor

I'm not suggesting you see a mirage. I looked at the source code myself and I see it surely does look like an image map but I have NO IDEA how to make an image map in iWeb. Can you even do that?

Also I can take screen shots of me working on that page in iWeb and I edit the text just by putting my cursor where I want to make a change and then typing. And image map is a big picture that you make certain hot areas of it clickable. So I couldn't just put my cursor in and type new text on the iweb page if it was an image map, correct? I have no program to make image maps with. I'm confused by this and can't imagine how this happened but its not an image map in my iweb but I agree the source code sure makes it look like one! Lordy what a mess.

Susan

page reload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.