Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad in boot camp.

Installed Lion and windows 7 in a bootcamp partition. While in bootcamp/windows 7 none of the trackpad gestures work. No dragging right click double click etc....

The only thing I can do is push the pad down for a single click.

Anyone have similar problems??

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 9:31 AM

10 replies

Jul 25, 2011 7:09 PM in response to stevefromjohnson city

I just did a fresh install of Lion and setup win 7 ultimate in bootcamp. The track pad had basic functionality, the tap worked, two tap for right click, and two finger scroll. After updating to service pack 1 for windows, the trackpad only now works for mouse movements!! Something broke it the update and I have to figure out how to get the functionality back. Perhaps i'll try to reinstall bootcamp.....

PJ

Jul 25, 2011 7:44 PM in response to PJMaCPro

...After updating to service pack 1 for windows, the trackpad only now works for mouse movements!!...

SP1 "broke" a lot of other things, although I've not heard of it breaking Apple's trackpad drivers. Try reinstalling the Boot Camp Drivers again. Possibly clean reinstall of Windows, then immediately apply SP1, then install the Boot Camp Drivers. That is what I did when I installed Win7 on my MBP.

BTW, the wording of your post is a little confusing with the term "reinstalling bootcamp". I'm refering to installing the Boot Camp drivers, which is when you boot into Windows, then insert the disk that came with your computer to install the Apple supplied drivers for the Apple hardware.

Trackpad in boot camp.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.