Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to recover deleted photos on the iPhone

Is there a way to recover photos that were deleted from an iPhone 4 before it was backed up?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 9:09 AM

11 replies

Jul 9, 2013 8:47 AM in response to MichelleinLutz

You can if you are using iCloud. There is a clever software which Apple have installed into the iPhone called photo stream and you can use that to recover any deleted photos. To do this, go onto Settings > iCloud > Photos On. This will switch on photo stream which will keep every single photo that you have in your camera roll, even if you have deleted it or not.

Another method is syncing it to your iTunes and then backing it up. If you back up your photos, there is a chance of getting back any deleted photos. But if any of these methods do not have an effect, then unfortunately, you have lost your photos. If they are really important, contact Apple.

I hope this helps.

Apr 27, 2015 7:37 AM in response to Nibhurrereya

The OP posted their question in 2011, using an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.3....

No iCloud, no Photo Stream.....

And even if the person did have a device that could run iCloud, simply downloading iCloud for Windows is not going to help the situation. You have to have iCloud set up on the PC and on your device and you have to have Photo Stream turned on in order for any of that to happen....

Cheers,

GB

Apr 27, 2015 10:24 PM in response to Nibhurrereya

Then you should respond to a poster who's question is related to the answer you are giving. Don't click on the first OP in the thread, but rather, respond with your suggestions to a poster who is asking that question.

But you also need to brush up a bit on how iCloud and Photo Stream work. Installing iCloud on a PC after the fact is not going to retrieve your Photo Stream.

Sorry,

GB

Apr 27, 2015 10:36 PM in response to MichelleinLutz

i m not responding anyone i just gave a suggestion in general cause it worked for me. i m using windows pc and didn't use iCloud for windows for a while than i downloaded it and my all photo stream photos showed up on my pc. i don't now how it happened cause i was not using iCloud photo library and photos was just the stream ones even the photos i deleted from device. It was not my intention to take them back it just happened.

how to recover deleted photos on the iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.