Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I revert to snow leopard

I installed Lion. It took several hours!

I found out after, that several softwares I was currently using do not work any longer (FileMaker, Excel, Word).

Can I downgrade now? Or would it be possible to run both systems on the same machine?

I have previouly saved my disk with Time machine.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), Any answer in French is welcome

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 11:55 AM

You can downgrade, but it's not easy. Search these forums for "revert to snow leopard" for numerous answers.

However, MS Office can be made functional by simply upgrading to Office 2011. Also, my ancient copy of FileMaker Pro 8.5 seems to be working fine in Lion. What version are you using? Of course, the ultimate solution would be to simply upgrade FMP as well. If you're going to upgrade your system, you're going to also have to upgrade your other software from time to time.

To run both systems, you could create another partition on your hard drive with Snow Leopard, and then choose which system to boot into. That would be inconvenient, though. You'd be better off to simply commit to Lion and upgrade your other software or bite the bullet and revert to SL. Of course, if you do the latter, you're stuck with that machine and that system until you ultimately are forced to do the former by hardware failures or whatnot.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2011 11:55 AM in response to salammbo

You can downgrade, but it's not easy. Search these forums for "revert to snow leopard" for numerous answers.

However, MS Office can be made functional by simply upgrading to Office 2011. Also, my ancient copy of FileMaker Pro 8.5 seems to be working fine in Lion. What version are you using? Of course, the ultimate solution would be to simply upgrade FMP as well. If you're going to upgrade your system, you're going to also have to upgrade your other software from time to time.

To run both systems, you could create another partition on your hard drive with Snow Leopard, and then choose which system to boot into. That would be inconvenient, though. You'd be better off to simply commit to Lion and upgrade your other software or bite the bullet and revert to SL. Of course, if you do the latter, you're stuck with that machine and that system until you ultimately are forced to do the former by hardware failures or whatnot.

How can I revert to snow leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.