9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2011 1:17 PM by kevinopp
rwgleaves Level 1 (0 points)

I upgraded my Mac Mini to Lion and since the system has really slowed down.  I'm getting the 'spinning wheel of wait' a lot now.  I've only got 2 gig ram.  Is this a problem?  I mean I know 4 meg would be better, but should having only 2 gig cause this problem?

Thanks

• kkavehma Level 1 (0 points)

I think I have the same issue. I have a 2.4 core2 duo mac 2010 mac mini with 2G ram. Upgrade went smoothly but after that some native apps like Finder and even iTunes and Safari crashed. It is not too daramtic but over all the computer is a lot more sluggish and I cannot enjoy all the new features such as full screen and mission control etc.

• acfromworcs Level 1 (0 points)

I have same problem with my mac mini 2.66 GHz Core 2 with 8 GB Ram.

• Sangs Level 1 (25 points)

I upgraded my '09 Core 2, 2.53 ghz Mini to 8 GB RAM and did a clean install of Lion and I have to say - it's flying.

It originally had 4 GB RAM under SL and I always wanted to upgrade because it was never quite fast enough. When I decided to pull the trigger on a clean install of Lion, I cracked the sucker open, installed the new RAM and am no longer tempted to purchase one of the new Minis.

• acfromworcs Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for info. I"ll try a clean install of Lion.

• Sangs Level 1 (25 points)

It's a pretty painless process once you create the disc image of the Lion installer. I found directions with a simple Google search. Just be sure to choose Disc Utility - when you boot up to the drive with the Lion installer - to wipe out the existing install first, otherwise you're just installing over that anyway and it's not a clean install. (I screwed that up the first time.)

• rwgleaves Level 1 (0 points)

Where do I find the Mac OS X Lion installer on my Mac?

• kevinopp Level 1 (25 points)

just want to make sure that Spotlight has finished re-indexing for all of you-----it's sluggish for the first few hours as it reindexes, then everything's actually been faster for me than SL.

• rwgleaves Level 1 (0 points)

How can I tell if Spotlight is re-indexing?

• kevinopp Level 1 (25 points)

there's a dot in the middle of the "lens", and if you click on Spotlight, it would show that is actively indexing. took 4 hours for me on my iMac.