Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cycle through desktops in Mission Control with just one shortcut?

In Spaces (Snow Leopard) I had a mousebutton defined to CMD+right arrow which allowed me to cycle through spaces like: 1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 2.... ie. when it gets to the end, it just starts over.

With Lion and Mission Control, I just get some bouncy eyecandy effect when I'm at the last desktop and I want to continue to the right.

Since I only have 1 mouse button I can assign to this, I'd like a way to be able to continue to cycle through my desktops with a single short cut. Is this possible?

MacBook Pro 15, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 2:53 PM

4 replies

Jul 23, 2011 3:04 PM in response to Thebestplacehere

Thanks for your suggestion, but that doesn't help in terms of "having one shortcut to cycle through all desktops" 🙂

As mentioned, with Spaces in Snow Leopard, you could just "CMD+right arrow" forever, once you got to the end, it would jump back to the beginning and continue. So I assigned a button on my mouse to that shortcut, making it fast and easy to navigate through my (usually) 3 spaces.

It seems with Mission Control, I need to assign two mouse buttons, one to each keyboard shortcut, to go both left and right. Unfortunately I don't have an extra mouse button for that, which is why I'm looking for a way to avoid the bouncing effect after the last Desktop, and have it go back to Desktop 1 instead.

Aug 22, 2011 3:15 PM in response to Kawanaut

Here's an idea I just stumbled apon that you might want to try. It's not exactly the same movement as spaces... which I truely miss. But it will work for you.

You can assign a keyboard shortcut for every space. So you'll have to know what space number you want to go to but it will work. Just go to System Pref>Keyboard>Keyboard Shortcuts>Mission Control. You can select your options there. As you see in my pic, I just assigned 'option' 'arrow' for each of my spaces. In expose, I used them to 'push' to the space I wanted. So I'll have to retrain my brain (which is annoying because I used that movement constantly while I worked), but it will work.

User uploaded file

Cycle through desktops in Mission Control with just one shortcut?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.