Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS X Lion Issues

I have recently bought and installed Mac OS X Lion on to my iMac, the issues I have been having is mainly to do with speed, my mac does not seem as quick as it used to be with Snow Leopard. This mainly happens when opening mission control to switch to other windows and apps, and then especially when opening launchpad. Another issue is when I go onto an application like Skype it seems to really lag when making a video call, although this issue had never happened in Snow Leopard. I have tried repairing permissions in Disk Utility, updating all of my apps and freeing up some hard disk space, yet nothing has really seemed to help with these issues.

The specs of my iMac is:

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB

20 Inch Monitor

250 GB HDD

This is also the early 2008 model of the iMac.

Any help with getting my mac running at normal speeds would be great!

Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 7:18 PM

Make sure Spotlight has finished indexing your computer. During that process, which can take hours, your Mac will seem slow.

Hope that helps you.

14 replies

Jul 24, 2011 4:47 PM in response to alexdean94

Sorry I wasn't more helpful.

I have read that Lion is actually smaller in size than Snow Leopard because it removes ALL references to PPC computers including Rosetta. So it shouldn't have a problem.

If I come upon a better suggestion I will let you know. Maybe someone else will have a suggestion that works for you.

Best of luck. I know how frustrating it can be. We want our computers to be as fast as possible.

Oct 2, 2011 10:24 PM in response to alexdean94

I also have an Early 2008 MacBook Pro. The only difference is that I only have 2 GB RAM. I'm having the same problem. I will buy more RAM and max it out. I guess if I do, I would have the same problem since you already have 4 GB RAM. It's so frustrating... most of the time I just want to throw my Mac to the floor and smash it with my feet.

Oct 16, 2011 9:10 PM in response to alexdean94

I have a MacPro (2007), a MacBook Air (2010), an iPad2, and two iPhones. All have been updated to the current versions of their respective OS's. Everything is working very well. I could not be happier. iCloud is much improved over MobileMe as just one example.

Maybe its the 6 gigs of ram in the MacPro or the 4 gigs of ram in the MacBook Air. Maybe all you guys are short on memory.

Thanks Apple!

Steve: We miss you man; we really miss you! 😟

Mac OS X Lion Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.