Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Lion woes, panes, detect display

My complaints so far. I am sure I will come to love the new features in Lion though when I get done with my bi', okay, will stop there. Some complaints are dependent on me using screen zooming / scaling all the time due to my distance I sit from my display.

Launchpad in VERY uncontrollable with my logitech performance mx mouse when trying to scroll left and right. It stops for a second and when I go to select an app right then it seems to have inertia from the scroll and bounces back to the opposite end of the 3 panes away from my intended choice. It is non scalable which means I have to lean forward in my chair to view the type. Don't laugh, I am always using the command + zooming mouse wheel a lot as my display is my 24" HDTV 6 ft away. Yeah, I am lazy about leaning up. In a few months I am going to have a 55inch display and be sitting a few feet further away.

The grey direction arrows (active/non-active url direction) in Safari are too similar to each other at a glance. Make them CONTRAST more PLEASE.

Never seen so many color wheels before. A lot of thinking going on.

My arrow mouse icon was flickering and completely disappeared for about 10 seconds.

Screen video capture programs which worked in leopard doesn't work now. (I expect updates, maybe from developers but if not I want a refund for recent purchases).

Screen shot dashboard program does not work. (needs update obviously)

Finder windows with panes have to be constantly adjusted (almost) each time I open them. I haven't figured out why yet.

Autocomplete typing feature inputs the wrong word sometimes and does this even when I do nothing but type as normal! I have had more unintended but correctly spelled words than ever before. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

When trying to select a file to upload in Safari the selection window apparently did not give me the choice to look in all my files, desktop, documents, user. It was as if was unable to show the actual files window. After looking at this again I had to stretch the already big window to find the other pane. This is not good! Reminded my of Windows which I gave up years ago.

(receiving attention from apple as of 7/21)

My current 24" philips hdtv display with PC IN has been used with 2 minis in the past but is not discoverable with Lion and if it tries all video output stops. Great customer support though with this as 2 Tech guys talked to me at length and they sent it up the chain of command to be addressed in an update they think within 10 days at the longest. I am including this in case other ppl have this issue. They are working on it. More on topic : I have to plug in a backup tiny display and then fool the system by then keeping the lower desktop resolution and plugging into the bigger display. Sometimes when the mini sleeps I have to restart with the smaller display and go through tricking the system again. If I try to DETECT DISPLAYS with the bigger display it then stops all display output and I have to restart using the smaller display, etc.

Thanks in advance for setting me straight with anything I am clueless about and Thanks to Apple Engineers if they are looking through these discussion boards for feedback.

mac mini core 2 duo 2.26 4GB, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 3:51 PM

There are no replies.

My Lion woes, panes, detect display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.