Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I select next mail with gestures?

I love to be an early adaptor. I like Lion. And I have no doubt that I can get used to, and like, the new gestures with Lion.

However, from Leopard / Snow Leopard, I became very used to scroll to the next or previous mail using three fingers down/up. And now, no matter how I configure the new gestures, I cannot find out how to do this!

(Actually, I was using the same gesture in the RSS reader "Reeder" as well, and they are equally broken there).

Anyone knows how to perform a "swipe to next/previous item" (in a vertical list) in Lion?

//Jóhannes

Unibody MacBook 15, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 5:22 PM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2015 12:45 AM in response to Johannes-Island__

Hi,

I found this message while searching for a solution to the same problem after switching to el capitan, and I was lucky enough to find a solution to it. So 4 years after the question, here is an answer :-D.

The solution is pretty easy, even if absolutely not obvious :

in the system preferences -> trackpad -> more gestures, for "swipe between pages", select "swipe with three fingers".

Once you have selected you option, the scroll with three fingers will select the next or previous message in Mail.

Jerome

How do I select next mail with gestures?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.