Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion doesn't work in Canon T3i software

I now have no way to move photos from my camera to my computer. Apple, please help! Since the Lion upgrade, my computer tells me when I start up my Canon T3i software that it cannot be used with this version of the operating system. Lion Fail!

Patricia

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 12:53 AM

I have a lot of canon software, and a lot of it is still PPC code that has never been updated. I don't know if that is the problem or not, but there are many better ways to get photos off the T31 then using canon software. iPhoto and Aperture come to mind, as does Lightroom. All are easy to use, and Lightroom has a 30 day trial that could get you thru until / if Canon updates thier stuff. Worst case scenario, a 15$ card reader will put the Canon_DC disk right on your desktop and you can drag them from there. Good luck.

Message was edited by: coocooforcocoapuffs: because lion eats my words.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2011 12:53 AM in response to patriciababbitt

I have a lot of canon software, and a lot of it is still PPC code that has never been updated. I don't know if that is the problem or not, but there are many better ways to get photos off the T31 then using canon software. iPhoto and Aperture come to mind, as does Lightroom. All are easy to use, and Lightroom has a 30 day trial that could get you thru until / if Canon updates thier stuff. Worst case scenario, a 15$ card reader will put the Canon_DC disk right on your desktop and you can drag them from there. Good luck.

Message was edited by: coocooforcocoapuffs: because lion eats my words.

Jul 26, 2011 5:50 AM in response to patriciababbitt

I have a canon eos 600d i think it is the same camera rebranded for the uk market. I have the same issues with canon software and like previously mentioned there is other software that does the job, but at a cost. I'm not sure if image capture is standard mac software but i have it on my imac and my mac book pro. And i find that its the easiest way to get photos off any camera.

Hope this helps in some way.

Chappy_uk_uk

Lion doesn't work in Canon T3i software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.