Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove iTunes plug-ins after Mac OS X Lion upgrade?

I'm down with ditching my visualizer plugins to use Lion-friendly 64-bit iTunes 10.4, but they're not visible to me in the iTunes plug-ins folder, and thus, I cannot remove them. How do I drop these things? I tried to enable my admin username as the root user in hopes that that might work (I'm no Mac guru, I just followed instructions from an internet search), but still I can't find them. Any help? (And please, in layman's terms. I'm serious about not being a guru. I'm resourceful at researching, but my behind-the-scenes computer knowledge is very limited, at best.)

MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 3:26 PM

I am getting an error with iTonerSupport not in 64bit mode.

It seems in my case this folder: /Users/[yourusername]/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins is no longer viewable in the finder window.

I had to navigate to this folder via the terminal comand line and delete the iTonerSupport.bundle using rm -r command.

Hope this helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2011 3:26 PM in response to Ellipsian

I am getting an error with iTonerSupport not in 64bit mode.

It seems in my case this folder: /Users/[yourusername]/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins is no longer viewable in the finder window.

I had to navigate to this folder via the terminal comand line and delete the iTonerSupport.bundle using rm -r command.

Hope this helps.

How do I remove iTunes plug-ins after Mac OS X Lion upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.