Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black artifacts in Screen Sharing

Hi everyone,

do you also get these black artifacts from time to time when using Screen Sharing from a 10.7 Client to a 10.7 Server? Moving windows around sometimes removes them, but they do reappear.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 12:59 PM

Forgot to mention here that it was ok after applying the ARD update.

5 replies

Sep 4, 2011 11:29 AM in response to Björn Herrmann

I am experiencing the same exact problem using os x lion's built-in screen sharing app. It's driving me insane. I always have to grab a window and drag it aroung the screen to clear out these artifacts. I am running screen sharing ver 1.3 on both machines; macbook pro (mid-2010) to mac mini 2011 (latest). How do i apply this ARD update. Aren't these updates for the full version of the Apple Remote Desktop application? I was really hoping that the latest update to lion 10.7.1 would address this issue.

Sep 4, 2011 11:48 AM in response to cldmon

It was a Remote Desktop Client update if I’m not mistaken. So it should have nothing to do with the optionally sold software Apple Remote Desktop. I can’t say for sure though, because I happen to have ARD. But I’m pretty sure the update showed up on my other Mac as well, which does not have ARD installed. The update came via Software Update before 10.7.1 was released.

Black artifacts in Screen Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.