Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion Slow Wake Up from Sleep

Installed Lion on my Mac Pro 2.8GHZ Quad core 6 GB memory and when I try to wake system up from sleep it wakes up very briefly and goes back to sleep right away. Only after several time hitting keyboard keys or trackpad will it finally wake up. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 7:36 AM

4 replies

Jul 24, 2011 2:31 PM in response to LA Thomas

My only suggestion is that Apple needs to make some bug fixes to Lion. My Mac Pro 3.2ghz Quad Core with 10GB of RAM is also very slow to wake from sleep after upgrading to Lion. Used to be about 5 seconds to wake from sleep. Now it's like 20-30 seconds, and like yours, sometimes it doesn't wake and goes right back to sleep. Also, while it's in this "waking" state, the cooling fans are screaming at top RPM.

Jul 25, 2011 7:20 AM in response to LA Thomas

Exact same issue here. I have a Mac Pro 2.8 (mid 2008) with 20GB RAM, and since the Lion upgrade, it wakes up very slowly (approx 40 to 60 seconds), and sometimes drops back off to sleep before the login screen appears.

The fans go full power for much longer than they used to do in Snow Leopard, which gave a quick blast then woke up pretty silently after that.

I am genrally getting various issues, and have posted another thread re. not being able to calibrate dual monitors with Lion, and Screenflow not recording from the scondary monitor.

There are many bugs in this first release of Lion. I wish I had held back. I never expereinced anything like this when I went from Leopard to Snow Leopard.

Serious considering reverting back to SL, but not certain I will not loose things along the way.

Jul 28, 2011 4:58 AM in response to LA Thomas

I seem to have fixed this issue. I ran Disk Utility and it showed error in the file structure. I rebooted into to Lion Recovery partition and ran Disk Utility, did a repair, and now (for the time being) it wakes as expected without all the whiring fans and falling back off to sleepland.

One gotcha with the recovery partition boot is that it doesn't recognise Magic Mouse, and I had to dig out my USB mouse.

Hope this info is of some help.

Lion Slow Wake Up from Sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.