Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a new desktop in OS X Lion

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 8:19 AM

16 replies

Jul 26, 2011 11:23 PM in response to louiexiv

Mission Control spaces are named either Desktop, Desktop 2, Desltop 3, etc., or they are named for the full-screen app that “IS” the space. So those spaces named 'Mail', 'Safari', 'Facebook', etc. are simply those apps running in full-screen mode in that desktop.

There was a program called 'Hyperspaces' that allowed you to change the name of spaces in SL, but it isn't updated for Lion yet.

Jul 27, 2011 7:10 AM in response to leroydouglas

leroydouglas wrote:

Magmar

How did you get those custom names under the desktops in your screen shot?

Am I missing something?

louiexiv wrote:

How do we make a name appear under each of the desktops, as you have done in the screenshot that you posted? When I activate mission control, the desktops along the top do not have any name below them.

Just read AMMOCAN's answer 😉

Feb 16, 2012 1:32 AM in response to Helge Andersson

For anyone looking for this functionality, it looks like its planned to be added to a VERY useful Lion app, bringing back Spaces functionality. the app is named "ReSpaceApp". The developer is named SwitchStep. He's already brought back some of the Spaces functionality, and is constantly adding more to ReSpaceApp. Naming of Desktops looks like its on the todo, so is Spaces(snow leopard style) functionality.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.