Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

someone has changed my password for my admin account!

so my girlfriend was playing a practical joke on me and changed my password. she doesnt seem to remember what she changed it to. i have a non admin account on my mac so i can access the internet and stuff but i need to be able to access my work as i have a fast approaching deadline.

do any of you guys have any idea what i can do? assume im an idiot because i dont know a great deal about this kind of thing.

any help at all would be massively appreciated!

thank you! 🙂

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 9:53 AM

4 replies

Jul 24, 2011 9:57 AM in response to danielohara

It's easy to reset your password.

Boot from your Leopard installation DVD. Just put the DVD in the drive, restart then hold the "c" key on your keyboard until you see the computer is booting from the DVD.

Once the boot is complete, look under the Tools menu bar item for password reset.

After you have that done and are back into your account, give yourself admin privileges and set the System Preferences so that a password is required to log in to the computer or whenever the computer is awakened from sleep or screensaver. You can enable the Guest account for your girlfriend to use, which after this "joke" is all she should be allowed to reach on your machine.

someone has changed my password for my admin account!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.