Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

outlook 2011

Hello,

I have a problem with Outlook 2011 running on Mac OSX 10.7 Lion. Outlook works without one needed function, ie SEARCH.

The search script is simply disabled. The same scripts works well in 10.6.8. Any idea?

MacPro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 9:45 AM

24 replies

Aug 11, 2011 9:32 AM in response to MacProandiPhone__

Spoltight wasn't finding anything in Outlook right after the upgrade to Lion. On the Outlook side I have tried everything, thanks to the Office for Mac user Forum and this Forum. I also had Spotlight re-index the HD several times, but no improvement. Even a new User identity didn't help. The fact that nothing can be found in Outlook leads to a huge lack of productivity and renders the application almost useless. I am getting quite desperate, I must admit.

Sep 29, 2011 7:23 PM in response to MacProandiPhone__

I recently bought a new Macbook Pro with Lion installed. I migrated all my files/programs from my old MBP using the migration assistant. Everything in Outllok 2011 seemed to be fine except I found that my tasks list had disappeared and I couldn't search my contacts list (no results). I eventually rebuilt the database and things worked fine for about 2 weeks, then my tasks disappeared again as well as search abilities. I tried rebuilding the database a number of times and did a Spotlight reindexing. Still no tasks, no search. Here's what I found worked for me:

I closed Outlook and moved the individual task files out of their database folder (Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity/Data Records/Tasks/0T/0B/0M/38K) into a temporary folder on the desktop. I did a restart and when an error message came up about rebuilding the database, I clicked cancel. Then I put the task files back in their folder and opened Outlook. They showed up. I did the same thing for my contact files and it fixed the search function. I don't know if this fix will stay but at least it works for now.

Sep 6, 2012 1:32 PM in response to MacProandiPhone__

Hi.

I use outlook mac 2011 for lyon. I wonder ...

When I got my IPAD i set everything up, but the outlook is wiping everything off my ipad and my server (go daddy) when i open it... no one seems to know why...

also I CAN NOT find the IMAP settings for Outlook for an sbcglobal.net email address...anyone have those settings..

I have called Microsoft, ATT, Go Daddy and APPLE CARE... help please, thanks.

outlook 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.