Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Wireless Keyboard Won't Pair with iPad2

I can't get an iPad2 to pair with the wireless KB that came with my iMac (mid 2010 model). Anyone have any suggestions?

If I go to Settings on the iPad, and turn Bluetooth on, it searches (spinning icon forever). If I turn the keyboard off then back on during the search (I see the Apple Wireless KB name show up, but it tells me it's not paired. I read a few posts in the Support Archives, but didn't see a final solution.

3.06 GHz iMac i3, 4 GB Ram, 500GB HD, Mac OS X (10.6.5), 60GB iPod Photo, hp all-in-one j6480, ext. HD: 750GB Seagate

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 9:50 AM

3 replies

Sep 25, 2011 12:56 PM in response to pgoodwin

The correct answer clarified

Be sure to un-pair the keyboard from one device before trying to pair it with another device. I was pretty far away from the iMac but it was still paired with it. The keyboard would not pair with the laptop because it was still paired with the iMac. I shut the iMac down and it paired with the MBP immediately. It's likely that turning bluetooth off on the iMac would have worked too

Apple Wireless Keyboard Won't Pair with iPad2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.